Monday, February 3, 2014

Auckland Land Rover Owners Club

Last night I attended the monthly Auckland Land Rover Owners Club meeting at the Cardrona Speight's Ale House in Mount Eden.  They have monthly meetings and at least one off road run a month and this is the reason why I want to join.

I gather that this was the first meeting of the year and so everyone, including me was encouraged to share their offroading experiences of the summer.  It was good to chat with other truck owners about what they do, what accessories they use etc.  There was lots of talk last night about winches and cables.

Before I can go on a run with the club the car has to be scrutineered and that takes place in Albany on Sunday February 23.  I also sought out information about the 42 Traverse that I want to do before the track closes in April for the year for 4WD traffic.  To be fair I got two different responses, one was that it was not particularly exciting for the effort of getting there and another one that talked of river crossings and steep drops.  Both were of the opinion that the mighty Defender would take it all in its stride and not be a problem for it.  So that's it then, I am of with Steve, if he can organise Gary to come with his Nissan Patrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment