Saturday, January 25, 2014

South Island Trip

We have been back a week now and miss the South Island!  We have both been resisting the urge to turn around and go back, we had such fun and saw such epic sights.  We covered 4700km in just 14 days.  It had been my intention to blog each days track and video whilst on the road, but such was our remoteness that even getting a cell phone signal, let alone 3G coverage was difficult.

In addition I took so much footage that I have been forced to cut heavily in order to not bore viewers to death.  Below are a few choice images I took along the way.  There is a timelapse movie in the wings and the offroad footage is also slowly making its way to Vimeo.











4 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    Those photos are superb. I especially like the black and white with the clouds/mist rolling in. I've now added a link to your blog from mine too :-)

    Regards,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, thanks for the link. Have been lurking on your site for a while now. I love what you are doing, very inspirational. My wife wants a 90 for herself and I think I will need to start getting my hands dirty on a second hand one that I will have to tinker with. All good stuff!

      Delete
  2. LOL, I just realised after looking again, it wasn't a B&W photo but sure looks like it until you look closely at the foliage on the banks and can just see a bit of green. Was that post processed to be so moody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian,
      The lake is Lake Rotoiti in Nelson Lakes National Park, it was about 9:00 in the morning after a pretty dark storm had passed through. The sky was really that leaden! I did tweak the contrast in LightRoom a bit, but not much at all and lightened the shadows to illustrate the bush on the mountains, but nothing else.

      Delete