Saturday, March 15, 2014

LROCA Training Day

Last Sunday it was the Auckland Land Rover Owners Club's annual training day.  We all met at Dairy Flat and were guided onto a farm several kilometers beyond.  There were 25 trucks there for the day, some members had arrived the day before and celebrated the 20th anniversary of the club in style.

When we arrived a route through the trees and slopes around the campground had been created for us to develop some off road skills.  After this we all went through the mud pit and some of us, including me got stuck and had to be towed out.  I was amazed how easily my AT tires became clogged with clay and essentially became slicks.  Some of us who got stuck did so in spectacular style, but I was trying to negotiate a simple hump and quickly became bogged.

After lunch we went for a yomp around the rest of the farm negotiating some tricky inclines and gullys.  At one point I ploughed up some clay as I negotiated some deep ruts and ended up with many kgs of clay on the front bumper, which had to be dealt with before I got back on the motorway.

I paid a visit to Washworld at Greenlane on the way home and left the remainder of my clay there,  I am not so sure they were as delighted as I was!  I am currently editing a video of the day and will post it as soon as I have uploaded it to Vimeo.  Next week I am off down to the mountain for another off road adventure, so stay tuned.













No comments:

Post a Comment