Saturday, November 9, 2013

Off-road Accessories

I have been collecting a few bits and pieces to enable us to be self sufficient off road, well I hope so!  I have opted not to install a winch on the front of the car, opting instead to have some recovery points installed at the front and the rear.  My logic here is that I hope not to get stuck!  But just in case I have purchased some recovery kit that will enable me to get out of trouble from either the front or the rear of the vehicle.  I have purchased a Hi-Lift Jack and a recovery pack so that I can use the jack to pull me out of trouble from either end.  I have yet to get a land anchor or sand ladders, but will review that situation after our South Island trip.  I have also purchased a 2.5kg dry powder fire extinguisher, some snow chains, more for the mud, but I am told that even in summer some of the high passes can be covered in snow.  I have also purchased a range of tools.  It all adds to the weight of the vehicle it has to be said.





No comments:

Post a Comment