Saturday, October 19, 2013

Finally behind the wheel....

We have had the Defender 110 for over two weeks now, but I have yet to drive it!  I have spent the last 5 weeks on my back with a herniated L5 disc.  The car has been calling to me, reminding me that it wants to be used and stretched to its potential.  That will come.  First I have to do 1000km to allow the greasy bits to bed in, have the initial service, then it will be off to Woodhill Forest for some off road fun.  However,  I first need to get behind the wheel.  My injury has prevented this,  check out my garden blog to see how.

So today I felt strong enough to climb into the cab, start the beast up and go for a drive.  And the destination?  Repco!  I wanted to get some recovery straps and a fire extinguisher, but they were out of stock.  Why do I need this equipment?  We have booked the following off road adventure for January. In the intervening time I will be getting to know the beast and refreshing my off road skills long dormant.  In the meantime, enjoy the first video of many.




No comments:

Post a Comment