Sunday, December 22, 2013

Off Road Training

It has been such a long time since I have driven off road, that I would now rate my skills as novice.  With that in mind I decided to put myself through a 4x4 training day at Woodhill 4x4 Park.  Colin at Trackwise was my trainer for the day and he was excellent.  He took me through a wide range of tracks and scenarios through the forest, gradually building up my confidence in equal measure with illustrating to me the off road capabilities of the Defender.

Some of the tracks left me exhilarated and wanted more but my overwhelming impression was the capability of the vehicle.  It tackled inclines and terrain that at first glance seemed impossible, for a car that is also road legal, to negotiate. I know that the tracks and trails that we will be on in the South Island will not be as extreme as the ones at Woodhill 4x4 park and that does not matter.  We now know what the car is capable of and are now really looking forward, even more so to the trip.

Below is a short video of the highlights from the day.


Landrover at Woodhill from David Kinane on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment